Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tryin' sumthin' new

Maybe it's desperation. Maybe it's bravery. Maybe it's because it's my four-oh year (shit). I thought I'd jump in and try something I've thought about for a long time. I finally went to a yoga class.

It was pretty much what I expected. It started with a little chant (om), which was a little weird for me. But whatever. Not a deal breaker. While I certainly didn't expect it to be EASY by any means, but it was definitely a challenge. Within about ten minutes, I was sweatin' like a whore in church, as the saying goes. And I couldn't do but a few of the moves/poses. But I gave it a good try. Towards the end, I faded out pretty quickly. I just laid there sweating. I may have cried a little. I can't remember. But no one asked me to leave. Maybe they thought I was having a spiritual breakthrough. I felt a little strange at the end. I'm not sure how to explain it other than I just felt "toxic." I'm not even sure that I know what that means. But I felt like I needed more than a shower.

I left not sure if I liked it or not. But I felt like I got some good exercise, which was the goal. I decided that I'm going to have to go a few times to decide if it's for me.

Today I felt pretty good. I definitely slept better. I feel like I worked out yesterday. So it's a good thing. I did have to go buy a mat. But then Alicia made me realize that I think I bought a PVC mat. So much for eco-responsibility.

No comments: