Saturday, May 03, 2008

The vacation that almost wasn't...

Well, it was a close call. This past week I haven't been feeling the best. Kinda had this stomach thing that everyone at work was having - only for them it only lasted for a day. Well, it's been almost a week for me. Since I'm scheduled to fly out Monday to the DR, I thought it would be smart to just go to the walk-in clinic to see if I need a prescription. I figured that if I'm going to need to see a doctor, probably should do it here in the states rather than risk waiting to go to a doc in a foreign country.

So I go to see the doc, whom I've seen before. I talked to him, told him about my upcoming trip and then he examines me. His response was "Damn" and then sends me immediately to the ER to have my appendix checked. I was so upset that this was going to mess with my trip.

I got to the ER at about 2pm, checked in, only waited for a few minutes before I was called back. They had me change, took a urine sample, a blood sample, and had me wait to be examined. The ER doc came in, did the exam, and wasn't sure if this was an appendix thing or gall bladder. Either way, yahoo. So he says I need a CT scan. Someone comes in later, I drink the icky stuff, wait an hour, drink more icky stuff, and an hour and a half after that, they finally take me for the scan. It went pretty quickly, but then I had to wait another 2 hours for them to get the results. At this point, I am sick and tired of laying in a hospital bed in the ER watching TV. They finally came in and told me that they didn't see anything wrong. He tells me to take Pepcid and wants me to go get a sonogram. Cripes. Well, I feel okay - not great, but good enough. I've taken it pretty easy today, just relaxed, watched TV, took a nap... a good Saturday. So, unless I feel like shit tomorrow, I'm gettin' my butt on a plane Monday.

No comments: