Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cosmic Reunion?

Well the first two months of 2009 are just about over, and it’s been an interesting year already. I’m not sure what has prompted this; maybe it’s age, maybe the planets have aligned, or some other weird cosmic dance is happening, but this seems to have started as the year of reunions.

I’ve had many friends come and go over the years. Circumstances and geography have separated some of us. Some were only meant to be for short periods of time. Some seem to skip in and out like stones on a pond – quickly touching as they go by. And others have stuck around for long periods of time.


I have some of the many social sites to thank for some of this; Friendster, MySpace, FaceBook, Blogger, Twitter, and even some of the more obscure sites like Gather, MyFolia, LibraryThing. And I think the photo-sharing sites like Webshots, Flickr and Picasa count too. Let’s not even start with the music sites.

So far this year, I’ve reconnected with eight friends – some I haven’t seen in almost a year, others whom I haven’t seen in over 25 years. Now I’m beginning to wonder who’s going to pop up next.

No comments: