Saturday, July 04, 2009

Camera Madness

One thing I've always wished that I did better was document my vacation, friends and just anything that interests me. I wished I was better about taking pictures. I went to Maui years ago, and think I have maybe a dozen pictures to show for it. When I was lucky enough to be invited to go to the Dominican Republic last year with friends, I forced myself to take gobs of pictures and journal everything we did at the end of each day (which you can read here if you're really interested). I'm glad I did.


So a couple months ago, I picked up a new camera and began a new hobby. It's a little bit overwhelming at times - there is a LOT to learn.

One of the unexpected side effects is that I've began a few new friendships with other photographers - some I've actually met and some I have not. I never thought I would be one of those people who "befriends" people online. But my addiction to Flickr has me in awe of many people all over the world - and prompted me to start discussions with a few of them.


I'll keep on shooting, and keep on learning. I hope you enjoy my photos as much as I do taking them.

No comments: